Right now I’m sitting with a heating cap on my head, deep conditioning my hair and surfing the forums of naturallycurly.com. If you’re not familiar with this site already, especially if you’re a curly head, you MUST take a gander around the block! It’s seriously infinite amounts of information on anything you wanted to know from transitioning from straight to curly and of course all the latest product reviews!
But while surfing I was surprised to see a familiar face, an awesome woman I met this past summer, and probably one of the most knowledgeable gals out there when it comes to the paradoxes of the curl. Marsha Coulton is the founder and creator of Curl Junkie, a newly revamped line of hair care products for curly heads! You can do your CurlReading on NC.com’s Spotlight page here.
The site was relaunched this past December with ALL NEW PRODUCTS! Something that I’d been super excited about since she told me she was trying new mixes and potions in her kitchen. I was able to sample some of the new products, such as the new Aloe Fix Gel, and have to say my hair was pleasantly surprised. The smell is pretty impressive, as is most of her line of products. The Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta smells soft, fresh and something you wouldn’t mind lingering in your hair for a good week! My soon-to-be purchase off the new site is the Coffee Coco Curl Creme,
- Monoi Coconut Oil – Monoi de Tahiti has been shown to penetrate and hydrate rapidly.
- Exotic oils – used for their emollient, healing and moisturizing properties.
- Coffee Bean Butter – is a powerful anti-oxidant and offers some natural protection from ultraviolet light. It is rich
- in phytosterols which promote excellent moisture retention, and quick
- Guar Hydroxypropytrimonium Chloride – is said to have no build-up
- and excellent wet and dry combing and detangling. The hair is soft and
- its shine is improved. There is also a reduction of static build-up and
- fly-away hair.
Seriously, all good stuff